Information Tiger Comics Collects about You
Information You Provide.
You may choose to provide to Tiger Comics certain personal information, whether over the telephone, on the Sites, via email, or at a live events. The types of “Personal Information” that you may provide to Tiger Comics include:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number (collectively referred to as “Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”);
- Payment and tax information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, delivery address and billing address, banking account, and tax-related information (collectively referred to as “Financial Information”);
- Demographic information, including characteristics of protected classifications, such as your age, gender or ethnicity;
- Transaction information, such as products and services purchased;
- Information that you provide when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by Tiger Comics or its affiliates;
- Your responses to surveys that Tiger Comics may ask you to complete for training or research purposes;
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, such as recordings of customer service calls;
- Any other personal information that you voluntarily provide, including information you provide when you create an account, purchase Tiger Comics’s products or services or contact Tiger Comics;
- Information provided to Tiger Comics by social networks when you log in to the Sites using your social network credentials; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the above, such as your preferences or interests.
Information Tiger Comics Collects through Automatic Means.
In addition to the Personal Information that you provide, Tiger Comics and its third party service providers may use various technologies that automatically or passively collect information such as your usage, browsing activity, device, and geolocations data (collectively referred to as “Usage Information”) when you visit or interact with the Sites, Tiger Comics’ emails or Tiger Comics’ online advertisements as set forth in more details below, Tiger Comics may also collect Usage Information using various web-based technologies.
The technologies that Tiger Comics may use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer or tablet, mobile or other device when you visit the Sites or access Tiger Comics’s online content. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, but not limited to: (1) to recognize you and to remember your preferences; (2) to track your visits to the Sites; (3) to facilitate online purchases; (4) to enable and support Tiger Comics’ security features; (5) to help Tiger Comics detect malicious activity; (6) to show you relevant advertising; and (7) to track action taken in response to advertisements.
- You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating or adjusting the appropriate privacy settings on your browser or device. However, if you choose to disable cookies or adjust your privacy settings, you may be unable to use all of the features of the Sites.
- Web Server Logs. In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, Tiger Comics’ web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to the Sites and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Sites and Tiger Comics’ emails to you may contain small electronic files known as “web beacons” (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs). Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to: (1) to count users to the Sites or specific pages on the Sites; (2) to monitor how users navigate the Sites; (3) to count how many people opened an email or clicked on a link; (4) to track other website statistics, such as the popularity of certain website content; and (5) to verify system and server integrity and security.
Third-Party Web Analytics Services
Tiger Comics may use third-party web analytics services on the Sites, such as Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons and similar technologies to help Tiger Comics analyze how visitors use the Sites, its emails and its online advertisements. The information collected through these means is disclosed to these service providers.
Do Not Track Notice or Signals
Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature that allows you automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Tiger Comics does not respond to these “Do Not Track” signals. At this time, Tiger Comics does not track information about your online activities over time and across third party websites. Tiger Comics also does not authorize third parties to collect any Personal Information from you on the Sites for these purposes.
How Tiger Comics Uses Your Information
Tiger Comics uses Personal Information that you provide to Tiger Comics and Usage Information that Tiger Comics collects through automated means to:
- Perform services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, making royalty payments, if applicable, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services;
- Send communications and contact you about Tiger Comics’s products, promotional materials and other information;
- Administer your participation in special events, contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other promotions;
- Perform audits regarding a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance;
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
- Detect security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Operate, optimize and improve Tiger Comics’s products, services and operations, including, but not limited to, developing new services, managing communications, performing data analytics, and performing training, accounting, auditing and other internal functions;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and Tiger Comics’ internal policies and procedures;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate Tiger Comics’ policies; and
- Use the information in other ways that Tiger Comics describes when you provide the information, or for any other purpose with your express consent.
Information Tiger Comics Shares
Tiger Comics does not rent, sell or otherwise disclose Personal Information that it collects about you, individually or as part of a list, except as described below. Tiger Comics may share your
Personal Information with:
- Tiger Comics’ contractors, service providers and other third parties that Tiger Comics uses to support its business and to fulfill services requested or purchased by you.
Tiger Comics may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, applicable law or legal process;
- To respond to law enforcement or other governmental authorities;
- To enforce Tiger Comics’ agreements with you, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- If Tiger Comics believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of data protection and security, fraud prevention and risk reduction.
Your Rights and Choices
Tiger Comics strives to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to it. Tiger Comics has created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Email Opt-Out. You can at any time tell Tiger Comics not to send you marketing communications by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This opt-out does not apply to communications that Tiger Comics sends to you regarding your business or financial transactions with Tiger Comics.
- Google Analytics Display Advertising. Tiger Comics utilizes Google Analytics Display Advertising to remarket to you by displaying Tiger Comics ads to you on third party websites. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads by clicking Ads Settings.
Children under the Age of 13
The Sites are not directed to and should not be used by children under the age of thirteen (13). Tiger Comics does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13) on the Sites.
Tiger Comics takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, please remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, while Tiger Comics strives to protect your Personal Information, Tiger Comics cannot and does not ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Tiger Comics. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you transmit your Personal Information to Tiger Comics at your own risk.
The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. You should never submit bank account, payment card or tax information to Tiger Comics via email. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of the Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Tiger Comics asks you not to share your password with anyone.
Links to Other Websites
The Sites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Tiger Comics. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which Tiger Comics strongly suggests that you review. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by Tiger Comics, Tiger Comics is not responsible for those websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.